View Single Post
Old 06-14-2012, 07:40 AM   #6
elibrarian
Imperfect Perfectionist
elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellby View Post
Besides, there are languages where A and Z are not the first and last letters of the alphabet. For instance, in Danish and Norwegian the alphabet is A ... Z Æ Ø Å (yes, dictionaries are from A to Å). What would [a-z] mean in these cases if it were to be extended to non-ascii characters?
[a-z] means exactly that, as far as I know - the small letters a through z. When I use regex to search for the full danish alphabet, I usually use [a-zæøå] or [A-ZÆØÅ]. Which of course doesn't find any other characters, accented or not, but they would not be part of the danish alphabet anyway ...

Regards,

Kim
elibrarian is offline   Reply With Quote