View Single Post
Old 12-01-2011, 09:29 AM   #8
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International, Sony PRS-T1, BlackBerry PlayBook, Acer Iconia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chammou View Post
I created an epub with sigil and then converted to .mobi with kindlegen, but the TOC does not show up in my kindle. What software do i use to edit the .mobi file?
You don't edit the .mobi file directly. When creating your epub, edit the .opf file to include the necessary <reference> info, and then convert to .mobi.

I think you should be able to do this in Sigil, but if not you can always go to the folder where your unzipped ePub working files are kept and modify the .opf file manually in any plain text editor.

Also check to make sure that KindleGen isn't giving you any error messages about your .opf or .ncx being somehow invalid or being unable to find the file you want to use as your TOC. Sometimes it's really picky about what goes into the .opf, NCX, and even the filename (don't put the TOC into a set of folders with # anywhere in their names, because KindleGen will refuse to see it).

Hope this helps, and welcome to MobileRead!
ATDrake is offline   Reply With Quote