View Single Post
Old 10-24-2013, 03:13 PM   #19
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Geo-restrictions have nothing to do with DRM. It's when you go to buy the eBook that you are blocked by the site based on where you are at the time of purchase.
Wrong. Or rather, true for purchasing, but there can also be geo restrictions that are enforced with DRM. Believe me, what is currently being done with DRM is trivial compared to the evil that _could_ be done with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
I sightly misread the problem.

I read Baen (title) and assumed that it was bought from some store other than Baenebook.com

3rd parties CAN put DRM or other restrictions on sales they make.
Baen's contracts with other sellers, including Amazon and B&N, require that their books be sold without DRM. So it wouldn't matter where it was bought.

To quote from the details on a Baen book at B&N (though Amazon has EXACTLY the same wording):

"At the publisher's request, this title is sold without DRM (Digital Rights Management)."
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote