Thread: Silliness Avatar for zelda_pinwheel
View Single Post
Old 08-20-2008, 09:14 AM   #1155
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barcey View Post
I tried one of these readers years ago but the slow screen refresh and lack of backlight didn't leave with with a positive reading experience.

The guy that sold it to me said it had wireless networking too but I must have a problem with my router because I couldn't establish a reliable internet connection.

On the positive side it's a completely open development environment without any DRM! I found it much more rugged then the current generation of e-ink devices. Oh and the battery life is just amazing.

The font you've selected doesn't do justice to the screen contrast either.

Enjoy you're new reader ZP!!! (but you might want to hold onto the EB-1150 in case you don't like it)
backlight, backlight, don't you people get it ? REFLECTIVE screen ! sheesh. you don't hear people complaining about no backlight with paper books do you ?

you're right about the battery life though, truly amazing ! and y'all know i'm for open development and against drm so for me this device is just like a dream come true. plus i love the fact that i can use whatever custom font i want. brilliant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
You know, he was lying about the wireless environment, don't you? I took one apart once and there were wires all over the place inside it. And the magic pixie dust that connect to the interwebs is just hell to get out of your mother's living room carpet.
note to self : self, do not ever ever ever lend your reader to pshrynk.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote