View Single Post
Old 07-17-2012, 09:48 AM   #4
Titania
Titania is a glorious beacon of lightTitania is a glorious beacon of lightTitania is a glorious beacon of lightTitania is a glorious beacon of lightTitania is a glorious beacon of lightTitania is a glorious beacon of lightTitania is a glorious beacon of lightTitania is a glorious beacon of lightTitania is a glorious beacon of lightTitania is a glorious beacon of lightTitania is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle Touch
I just got my GlowLight last Thursday for my birthday. I also have a Kindle Touch but hated having to use a clip-on book light. So, although I was lusting after the nook, I couldn't justify buying it for myself. It was a really nice surprise gift.

I've been using it regularly since Thursday and absolutely LOVE it. I haven't noticed any issue with the crispness of the text -- in fact, the contrast of the screen seems better than my Kindle. When reading at night and in bed with all the lights off, I find that setting the GlowLight at the lowest possible setting I can (probably around 10%) is more than enough light to read comfortably. What's more, I haven't found that use of the light affects the battery life at all!

My only issue is that I'm having some difficulty downloading library books to it. I suppose I've been spoiled by the ease with which Kindle wirelessly downloads library ebooks. No worries, though. I'm sure I'll get tit to work eventually and since I'm luck enough to have both devices, I can go back and forth between them depending on what I'm reading.

Cheers!
Titania is offline   Reply With Quote