View Single Post
Old 02-15-2013, 01:23 PM   #25
wizwor
Wizard
wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle, fire
Back in the 80s, I had an Atari computer and wanted to scan images for a newsletter. There were no affordable scanners at that time and none whatsoever for the Atari, so I did something similar.

I bought this device called ComputerEyes, attached it to a video camera, and digitized images taped to a nearby wall. No OCR back then, but I'm not sure why this impresses. For a fraction of the cost of this device with no effort, I can buy a scanner with an ADF that comes with free OCR software.
wizwor is offline   Reply With Quote