View Single Post
Old 10-05-2009, 08:59 AM   #15
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
How do you like those Kindle 1s, Nate?

I'm thinking of buying a Kindle 1 as a emergency replacement for my Kindle 2 - which I am loving, by the way.

How "cludsey," "fudsey" is a Kindle 1, actually?

Don
The main "cludsey" factor for me is the difference in accessing functions betw the K1 and K2 - using a slide button on the back of the K1 to turn on Whispernet, and using the scroll wheel versus the joy stick. I upgraded to a
K2 but kept my K1 as my "travel" Kindle - carry it to work to read at lunch, to appointments, etc. - I have absolutely no trouble adjusting between them.
My biggest objection to the K1 vs the K2 is accessing the dictionary - I got very spoiled with the K2 - having definitions constantly accessible on the bottom of the page I was reading. The K1 dictionary lookup feature is extremely "cludsey" and interrupts the reading flow. If you are not a big dictionary user, this won't bother you.
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote