View Single Post
Old 08-10-2009, 02:29 PM   #60
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, DR800SG
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leep View Post
Unfortunately, DRM is likely to be around for many more moons since Amazon has a built-in user base with the Kindle. Amazon really appeals to the un-techie market. I am finding that most of my friends purchase the Kindle because it's easy to purchase and add books.
Apple used to be in the same situation with the iPod and itunes DRM, which they finally got rid of. I think the difference is that Apple wanted to get rid of DRM (never wanted it in the first place), and the music industry finally gave up on it. The question is whether or not Amazon wants to get rid of DRM, and if the publishing industry is smart enough to learn anything from the music industry.
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote