View Single Post
Old 01-23-2009, 03:48 PM   #32
Valloric
Created Sigil, FlightCrew
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by =X= View Post
If the developers on this group would really like to build an end all ePublishing tool I'd like to see us create a Plugin around Open Office, an excellent Word Processing tool.
I hate depending on other people's code. Also, to me this is supposed to be fun and challenging. I also don't want to depend on something like Word (which people have to buy first) or OpenOffice (which is a resource hog). Both are made for entirely different things.

I've stated my goal: something like BD for epubs, without the suck and with better features. Further down the line, the goal is to extend it to export most of the other ebook formats.

And who said anything about making a be-all-end-all editor for the publishing industry? When did that come into play? The target audience should be MobileRead members and other ebook enthusiasts. Naturally, the more people who like it and use it, the better.

If anyone wants to create a plugin for some pre-existing editor, great. The more editors we have, the higher the chances one of them won't suck.
Valloric is offline   Reply With Quote