View Single Post
Old 09-30-2008, 11:14 AM   #14
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
I've had GREAT success using Mobipocket Creator to convert a .pdf directly into .prc using it's 'Import From Existing File - Adobe PDF'.

I was amazed at how nice the .prc ended up; a lot of the formatting was retained and all words were correctly "decoded"! The only problem was bold and italic words needed a space before and after the bold/italics tags. Nothing a quick search & replace on <b>, </b> or <i>,</i> couldn't fix. Much of the paragraph layout was retained as were headings with <h1> tags, etc.

Very powerful indeed! Try it out...

p.s. I had tried v7 Adobe Acrobat Pro's own 'Save as...' feature and was totally disappointed. Your mileage may vary...
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote