Thread: JBPatch
View Single Post
Old 05-30-2013, 01:27 AM   #1437
kaznelson
Old Kaz
kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook Era
Quote:
Originally Posted by hfpop View Post
I have not enough peace of mind to read carefully the install.ffs script to verify if I can skip the uninstall step.
Removal before installation of other font-sizes is not required.

Spoiler:
Code:
if [ -f ${KF7_HACK} ] && [ ! -f ${KF7_BAK} ]; then
    logmsg "I" "copy" "	Backup original file (${KF7_ORIG})"
    cp -f ${KF7_ORIG} ${KF7_BAK}
    logmsg "I" "move" "	Create new resource file (${KF7_ORIG})"
    mv -f ${KF7_HACK} ${LIB_DIR}
elif [ -f ${KF7_HACK} ] && [ -f ${KF7_BAK} ]; then
    logmsg "I" "move" "	Backup exist, skipped. Replace old file (${KF7_ORIG})"
    mv -f ${KF7_HACK} ${LIB_DIR}
else
    logmsg "I" "check" "Skip: ${KF7_HACK} not found."
fi

Quote:
Originally Posted by hfpop View Post
I have to admit that I would like a 1 pixel step. I know, if I want too much, I lose the gift, but anyway...
Hm-m-m, 1 pixel step? There can be identical sizes of the next steps...

For example - real height in pixels for line 2_26-40 (letters - S/e, font - Helvetica LT):
26/19; 29/21; 31/22; 32/23; 34/25; 37/27; 40/29; 42/31

For calculation it's possible to choose a one pixel step - but really it depends on chosen font and algorithm of font processing by Kindle.

Also it's difficult to make "very well" for all. In a range from 16 to 40 pixels - 18 (!) possible size-sets.

Last edited by kaznelson; 05-30-2013 at 02:26 AM.
kaznelson is offline   Reply With Quote