View Single Post
Old 02-07-2013, 09:06 AM   #58
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW1, KA1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barty View Post
Seems like all the new kindle books use custom font and huge line spacing. The option to disable publisher font is usually not available. I have to run them through calibre and convert to mobi. So far, the publishers have only taken advantage of "advanced" formatting features to annoy me.
That is what most often happens. "Oh, ereaders can change fonts, sizes and line spacing. Now nobody will see the book as we intended! We must block this!"

You see the same with websites, locking the "Back"-button so you can't actually leave. When in a store, do you expect me to buy more? No, you'll annoy me and I buy less. Websites also often lock fonts, sizes, or layout. Luckily, Firefox can ignore this if you want it to.
Katsunami is offline   Reply With Quote