View Single Post
Old 10-10-2011, 01:08 PM   #3
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by soparch View Post
I am indexing a book and have found that ADE does not take you from the link directly to the paragraph anchor in the main text. (You have to scroll down or go to the next page to find the reference.) Is this a problem with ADE ? As these links work correctly on the Kindle taking you directly to the paragraph i.e they appear at the top of the screen.
Is there a way around this?
Thanks
I believe this is a function of the reading application. I find Hanlin (Jinke) devices take you to the page number instead of the paragraph. Others may behave similarly. This of course, negates using an Index. However, I believe all ADE devices will not repaginate, thus the page is on fixed boundaries and while the index reference will go to the page it will not display the paragraph at the top of the page which would change the page boundaries. MOBI does not have a concept of fixed page boundaries which is why it works in this case.

The solution would be for ADE to highlight the target on the page but it does not do that.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote