View Single Post
Old 11-22-2008, 08:28 AM   #32
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
It is, but it's a "container format" rather than a "data format" is what I meant. Asking whether an eBook Reader will read "PDB" files is rather like asking whether a word processor will read ZIP files; it's the "contents" that determine that, rather than the "wrapper".
True, strictly speaking, you are correct.

However, a .prc format is a .prc ebook format when one uses it in the context of our forum, but it is also a "container" (Palm resource) format.

I think most here would view a .pdb "format" as an .pdb ebook format which would then need a specific (software) reader/viewer as indicated above by mtravellerh.

Case in point, I only can convert PalmDoc (TEXt/REAd) .pdb ebooks with my Mobi2IMP program, but I do facilitate a conversion from a .pdb format to an .imp format.
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote