View Single Post
Old 07-24-2013, 06:20 AM   #434
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by akorx View Post
I've downloaded and tried the FW 2.8.1 but the bug with bookmarks in main memory is still present.

With FW 2.6.1, I've written :

Indeed, when you start your kobo, on the main page you can see yours last books with the number of bookmarks for each of them. Then you can see all bookmarks of a book in a single page and you can delete the ones you want in a menu.

Sometimes (very often) when you restart your kobo, the ones you have deleted are coming back !

Do you have seen the same bug ?

The answer was :

Yes, it is a bug I've seen and reported to Kobo. The issue is in the way that the bookmarks are stored for epubs in the main memory. They are stored in the device database and an annotations file. The annotations file is read when the book is opened and replace whatever is in the database. When you open the annotations list from the home screen, only the database is changed.

You won't see the problem if the epub is on the SD card or for kepubs. In both cases, the annotations are only written to the database.

=> have you got any information about this ?

Sorry for my very bad english... I'm french.
That looks like something I wrote a few days ago. What more information do you want? The only extra thing I can add is that it isn't fixed in 2.8.1.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote