View Single Post
Old 01-28-2013, 04:25 PM   #61
jackastor
Wizard
jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iphone stanza, kobo touch,ASUS TF300,KOBO GLO, Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by murg View Post
I've been wondering about this. Would a flexible screen be more susceptable to damage? Since it can be bent, can it be bent too far and creased?
From what I have seen on the subject, I dont think so. The flexible design that seems to be out there shows the screen being flexed to use as input. That said I would imagine that there would be a limit to the bend before destruction aspect that you suggest. I think the current format that kobo has is great. There fore the flexible screen would still be firm as we see it now. The benefit would be that if you cracked the top glass you could replace that cheaply with out the exspense of replacing the actual eink screen, just the protective layer we would see. It is just a thought.
jackastor is offline   Reply With Quote