View Single Post
Old 12-06-2012, 06:51 AM   #683
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
Actually, just walking really does a LOT to get you back in shape. More than most people realize. An after-dinner stroll around the neighborhood 3-4 times a week somehow turns into a 6-7 times a week affair as your body acclimates. Then that escalates into walking at a faster clip rather than just strolling... then, looking for some slight inclines... Before you know it, you're in shape again, and you never really did any 'exercise!'
Agreed. I'm continuing to lose a steady 1kg or so a week largely aided by a walk each evening (have to wrap up warmly for that, now!). I have a standard "circuit" around my village which is slightly over two and a half miles in length, which takes me about 45-50 minutes at a brisk walk. I listen to audio books on my iPhone while doing it, and find it a very pleasant way to finish the evening before going to bed.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote