View Single Post
Old 10-26-2012, 10:01 AM   #112
meme
Sigil developer
meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, K4 NT, K3, Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by elibrarian View Post
When trying to open a "testfile" from an online bookshop (which is usually a brief extract of the beginning of the book, with a truncated or nonexistant .ncx) I get this error, and pressing OK, Sigil exits. Since this type of error would be easily corrected in Sigil, shouldn't it just open the file with a warning?
Well that's one pretty messed up toc.ncx.

We have implemented a number of 'corrections' already for invalid files, and if I remember correctly we did discuss something similar - missing or invalid toc. The approach would be to create a default toc file if the one that was read was rubbish. I believe it was something that just didn't make it in in time for 0.6.0 and is on the list to revisit for the next release.