View Single Post
Old 10-07-2012, 03:35 PM   #34
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
Home page not required to sync for PW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
I'm going to wait and check out a demo. This is the first time I actually needed to. I just can't justify with the Quality control issues of ordering one. The non black text worries me. It's one of the reasons I was so unhappy with my K4S. So I'm going to wait. I will be upgrading my Kindle Fire I think to the HD version if I don't get a Paperwhite.

If I do get a PW I will get another Eco-Flip cover or something like it. I need my hand hold. For me the feature of opening a cover and turning on the PW isn't a real issue. I always go to home page before putting a Kindle to sleep because I have to sync when I am done.
Blossom,

The PW syncs as soon as you close the Kindle cover which is built for it. It has a magnetic button which holds it closed, puts it to sleep and starts the sync. One does not have to go to the home page to have the sync.

I tested that by syncing my Kindle Fire as soon as I closed the PW and it was on the right page almost immediately.

However, it would pay to buy the PW in a brick and mortar store and test the unit's screen before paying for it. There are just too many defective screens being reported here.

Its also possible that it takes a few days for the glue between the screen layers to dry. The units being reported here have probably not been stockpiled for more than a day or so. In a few weeks demand may slacken and the PW's may spend some time in a warehouse allowing the glue to dry. Then the incidence of defects will probably plunge since the glue will be totally dry before shipment.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote