View Single Post
Old 11-19-2007, 02:21 PM   #27
tirsales
MIA ... but returning som
tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505 and *Really* not owning a PRS-700
ARGL, I didn't even want to post that comment ... in fact I wanted to click "Go Advanced" because I wanted to rewrite it, suspend my notebook and have a look after walking my dog. Ah, whatever.

What I meant is: There are some really great ideas in the kindle. I *love* the idea of having WiFi-Access and directly downloading the books - so not being able to load them to my notebook and read them there kinda makes a stupid out of a brilliant idea. I guess I will nearly always have a reader where I have my notebook. But I just want to be able to use *both*.
I mean: if you life in the US and don't have access to Whispernet - how do you get your kindle books? And don't tell me that every little city and every little farm with some kind of internet-access will have a Whispernet-Access...
Newspaper directly to the eReader: WHOA! I preach "this will be the future of newspapers" to everyone not retreating fast enough for the last years - and they implement it! I love it! I mean: Perfect! And then - download only via Whispernet. Why?
Cheaper eBooks than nowadays and reading the first chapter for free? Perfect! But again: Kindle-Fileformat.

Sell only to US - why? I would love the device - providing it could read e.g. PDF and kindle-books were just mobipocket (or a similar existing version) which could at least be read on my notebook.
And no - Amazon is not like Apple:
I can listen to my iTunes-Songs on my PC. And I can play MP3 on the iPod - but I can't read PDFs on the Kindle and I can't read Kindle-Books on my PC. And at the very least those two options are more than needed.
Even Sony - king of DRM and senseless copyright-technologie that violates existing laws - had a more user-friendly DRM approach than than Amazon ... I never would have believed this to be possible...

Last edited by tirsales; 11-19-2007 at 02:37 PM.
tirsales is offline   Reply With Quote