View Single Post
Old 08-23-2010, 07:22 PM   #11
TomF
Kindle Enthusiast
TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kindle 3G Graphite, Kindle Fire
First of all, let me say that I think that almost all Kindle accessories (covers, jackets, sleeves, cases, lights, skins, etc.) are overpriced. That said, Amazon charges $34.99 for the non-lighted cover, which is comparable to many of the M-Edge prices for their covers. As for lights, the very popular M-Edge eLuminator2 is $24.99, and the Octavo Solis (which may not fit the K3) is $29.99. So if you were going to buy a regular cover and a separate light, you'd be spending at least $59.98.

I really don't understand why people think that this cover is so expensive within the context of what accessories cost anyways. It's a cover AND a light! It seems like some of the early previewers are saying this in their reviews, which only perpetuates this idea.

What I really don't get is why people spend $70-$75 for an Oberon cover for their 6" Kindle. That may have sounded somewhat reasonable when Kindles were selling at $399 all the way down to $259, but with the Wi-Fi at $139 it seems excessive. At least to me.
TomF is offline   Reply With Quote