View Single Post
Old 03-30-2014, 12:25 PM   #27
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by faithbw View Post
I guess it all depends on what one means by budget. C|net considers it a budget tablet. I bought the 32 GB model for $269 plus tax. That made it $288. Not iPad or Galaxy Note territory but not cheap either, especially considering that there are cheaper options out there.
Exactly! For all the ipad owners, sure, the Nexus 7 might be called a budget tablet. But for the rest of us, it's not. My Nook HD, which was $99 new, is a budget tablet. Even the newest Kindle Fire I just ordered, for $129, can probably be called a budget tablet. Anything higher, I personally would not consider a budget tablet.

(Of course the new old-tech $50 tablet my SIL got for Christmas, I would consider using as a coaster. There are limits to my appreciation for cheap!)
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote