Thread: David Weber
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2011, 02:51 PM   #6
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
I'd hardly call Ring of Fire Mr. Weber's Series. I suspect Eric Flint my have something to say there.

That being said? I'd not really recommend any of them. I've read the Safehold series and find it seriously needs an editor who could rein in Mr. Weber and actually tighten up his writing. And the ebook price is significantly higher than my gag-point. But that being said, I have enjoyed the ones I've read, putting them just on the slightly plus side of positive. Say 6 out of 10. Maybe 7 at a stretch. I won't buy any more of them, but I'd be interested if they were published by Baen, rather than Tor. (Baen shows signs of actually being able to edit their books, and their publishing policies are more in keeping with the modern world we live in.)
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote