View Single Post
Old 01-26-2009, 12:21 PM   #6
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Norton was more of a Science Fantacist than Fictionalist. She often would use rubber science in order to get her stroy moving. She was always more interested in the people and their struggles. That said, one of the tings about her writing that was repetitive was that there always seems to have been an "epic journey" or two where one or more characters has to move from point A to point B and overcome the environment, the enemy, and themselves as the real goal. In this case it happens at least three times. I like her stories a lot, mostly because of the pleasant childhood memories of the reads I had with her way back then. This is not her best story, but it is prototypical Norton.
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote