View Single Post
Old 11-01-2011, 10:05 PM   #5
Haesslich
Fanatic
Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch,Glo,Mini,Aura/HD/One,H20, Sony PRS-300/600, Kindle 3-PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokee View Post
I am not exactly sure that is entirely true. If the Playbook or Galaxy Tab 7" were priced comparably, I probably would've gone for one of them. For me, it was the size and price that were the sellers. I liked what Kobo had to offer in the Vox, but if I could get the camera and 3G included, that would be worth a little more money...

I believe Pulse is supposed to be available to anyone who has downloaded the Kobo app - not sure when that will be. Hopefully soon, because the Pulse is very low at the moment (pun intended!!!). I am discussing my books with...myself! At least for the books I am reading (and some are popular!).
I find the screen on the Vox better than those two better tablets... and honestly, they're never going to drop the prices to the $200 mark on either. Nor do I expect anyone except Amazon to be willing to do so, as they're out there to make money selling hardware.

Tablet cameras have, in every review I've seen, been kinda crappy. From my own experience in using them, most of them aren't very good or functional due to the size of the tablet. Everyone else but Kobo and Amazon so far has been focused on making money with hardware, since Android doesn't provide them with any other way of recouping their losses should they be selling the hardware at a less-than-premium price. And as I said before, Honeycomb's an awful OS for a tablet... and after trying out the Acer A100 at the store, I'd never ever buy one for $299, not for less battery life and a worse screen than the $199 Kobo Vox.

Maybe we need a few more years, so that tablets can go the route laptops have.
Haesslich is offline   Reply With Quote