View Single Post
Old 12-27-2009, 07:40 AM   #12
Valloric
Created Sigil, FlightCrew
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogue_ronin View Post
Cool. I've updated the post, hopefully someone will find it useful.
I find it very useful. Do you mind if I use this one day when I find the time to write a manual for Sigil?

Quote:
Note that I've used both the verb and the noun form of create, modify and publish. In the Sigil forum, Valloric indicated he would support both. If that's no longer correct, let me know.
This is already in the trunk.

Quote:
I checked the <meta> tag at w3schools right after posting; you're correct. No way to sneak that in as an attribute.

But how about this?

Code:
<meta name="OPF.file-as" content="LastName, First Middle" />
You'd only need one, presumably, matching the primary creator. It's not perfectly to spec, though, as each creator and contributor is allowed to have that attribute.
Yeah, this can't work. We need to have creator or contributor specified. No guessing.

Quote:
Or could OPF become a scheme? ie:
Code:
<meta name="DC.creator.aut" content="First Middle LastName" />
<meta name="DC.creator.aut" scheme="OPF:file-as" content="LastName First Middle" />
Since file-as and name display are unlikely to get mixed up, you could have a double-entry for each creator or contributor.
This too is a bad idea. I could make Sigil recognize that these two tags actually specify one author, but every Reading System on the planet is going to read it as two. Using just the second meta tag could work though.

In any event, as I've said, Sigil should store any meta tags it can't recognize and convert to DC. These should then be exported to the OPF as they were, that is, bare meta tags (the spec supports this).
Valloric is offline   Reply With Quote