View Single Post
Old 07-03-2013, 02:07 PM   #27
iamosam
Enthusiast
iamosam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.iamosam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.iamosam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.iamosam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.iamosam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.iamosam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.iamosam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.iamosam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.iamosam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.iamosam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.iamosam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
... (on laptops & tabs) and cranking down the brightness (ScreenDim can help on Android tabs) can make a huge difference though, at least for me, making no where near as bad as a few years ago.
Thanks for the application suggestion. I just saw the dimmer application/utility (http://www.nelsonpires.com/software/dimmer/) for windows and this really makes a huge difference. I am using redshift, 'white on black' in coolreader and 'color that site' extension in firefox to get 'white on black' for sites, and my eyes still hurt. But this utility changes everything.

Now I don't know why I did not think/search about it before.

And now I also realise why front-lit displays (if you can keep the light/brightness very low) got full marks from you people.

Thanks again.

Last edited by iamosam; 07-03-2013 at 02:10 PM.
iamosam is offline   Reply With Quote