View Single Post
Old 06-30-2013, 07:20 AM   #25
shanghaichica
Guru
shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Scribe,Kindle Oasis 3, iPad Pro 11, iPhone 13 Pro Max,iPad mini 6, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
... or that it shows uneven brightness or colour patches. Who cares what it looks like a maximum brightness in a dark room? It's what it looks like in the conditions that you'll use it in that matters, not extremes like that. Nobody uses maximum brightness in darkness - it would be blinding.
I agree. My paperwhite screen is not perfect but in the conditions and settings use it the lighting is pretty even and the colours don't show.

Back to the OP's original question, I've had lengthy reading sessions at night with my paperwhite and I've never had eye strain. In fact it's so comfortable that I often fall asleep whilst reading . On the contrary I find the light from backlit devices to be too harsh for reading at night and it has the opposite effect, it keeps me awake even if I was feeling sleepy before using it.
shanghaichica is offline   Reply With Quote