View Single Post
Old 05-17-2011, 09:58 AM   #9423
siraks
use the force
siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Lenovo K1
Quote:
Originally Posted by caleb72 View Post
I do have it on my wish list at Amazon. I can only get it as an omnibus, but it's there - waiting for me to throw down the credit card.
i just started it myself i'm 28% into it, according to my kobo stat bar, and it is as good as everyone has mentioned. it's still in the early stages with the getting to know people but the way it's written is well done and just gets you involved in the story. can't wait to read more on my lunch and continue after work !

a part of the book early on that got a good reaction from me.

Spoiler:
I know this may sound cheesy but i was overwhelmed quite early in this book and could picture it 100% in my mind how it would have looked when katniss steps on the stage and volunteers for primrose and no one claps, knowing she probably walked to her death but savingher sister in the meantime and the three finger salute, it just grabbed me. pride and happiness and sadness all rolled into one ... awesome. i can almost picture the scene and how it'll play out in the movie to come and hopefully everyone gets the same feeling for katniss after seeing it / reading it.

edit: read the first 10 chapters, part I as it's called and eagerly waiting to go home from work to get started on part II, guess the book is split into three parts.

Last edited by siraks; 05-17-2011 at 03:02 PM.
siraks is offline   Reply With Quote