View Single Post
Old 04-05-2012, 06:21 PM   #24
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Libra Color, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Kindle Oasis3, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsh1120 View Post
I suspect that Skydog may have a good suggestion (and considerably less expensive than a new $20 charge cable from Amazon.)

As far as the construction of the microUSB port on the KF, itself, I think it's simply cheap manufacturing. I noticed a slight bit of play in the connection when I first received my KF. As a result I've been extremely careful about attaching the charge cable. (No wiggling, no forcing). It has remained completely functional for three months with no change.
My experience (and subsequent handling) is exactly the same. I did try another cable of better quality that I had from another device and the fit was tight -- no play. I am wondering if it is the cable production that is inferior.
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote