View Single Post
Old 04-09-2009, 04:14 AM   #13
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle; Sony PRS 505; Blackberry 8700C
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteGar View Post
But did you input a credit card when you registered with the 1click payment and if so, how does it go to your account balance without going to the credit card for payment?? Does it go there if there is a balance in your Amazon account ??

Obviously I seem to be pushing this think a little bit far, but since I am non-US resident, I want to measure the pros and cons of buying the Kindle. This whole issue of the US bank issued credit card and the 1click falls in the cons categorie and I need to be sure that I will be able to buy ebooks and magazines without having too much trouble.
Yes -- my 1-Click settings contain a credit card. However, even though I have purchased over 40 ebooks, 2 pounds of licorice, and 5 paper books since 1 January, there have been no charges made to my card. I received a gift card in December and applied it to my account. All my 1-Click purchases come from the positive balance on my account (funded by the gift card) and for regular purchases, I can choose to have the funds deducted from the gift card balance or charged to a credit card.

I have read differing accounts on whether or not you must have a credit card on a US Bank. I do know that your shipping address in your 1-Click settings must be a US address. You might look in the other threads where people from outside the US talk about their own experiences -- you can ask them directly how they set up their account.
Elsi is offline   Reply With Quote