View Single Post
Old 01-30-2013, 04:26 PM   #28
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alecia Stone View Post
I think it's all to do with personal preference really. When I wrote my book, I had chapter titles right from the get-go. If I had completed the book without the chapter titles, I honestly don't think I would add it. I tend to read many young adult and children books, many of which use chapter headings, and I quite like them. I find coming up with chapter titles an enjoyable experience. It's also an effective exercise in learning how to summarise information.
I agree. I also think it is a matter of preference. And such can foreshadow what is to come as well. I mean take Dickens 'A Christmas Carol' as an example:

Stave I: Marley's Ghost
Stave II: The First of the Three Spirits
Stave III: The Second of the Three Spirits
Stave IV: The Last of the Spirits
Stave V: The end of it

With chapter headings like that you know something about what will happen but not in great detail.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote