Thread: Tablet NT USB charging?
View Single Post
Old 02-28-2012, 03:54 PM   #8
azazel1024
Groupie
azazel1024 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azazel1024 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azazel1024 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azazel1024 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azazel1024 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azazel1024 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azazel1024 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azazel1024 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azazel1024 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azazel1024 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azazel1024 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook simple touch, iPad 2
As mentioned, a few computers have charging USB ports that are designed to output 1amp of power instead of the USB2.0 max of .5amp, so it would charge on those ports. On a regular .5amp USB port, it'll charge if in sleep mode or off. If on, it depends on what you are doing. Sitting idle, it'll probably charge a bit, but not much. In actual use it'll consume more power than the .5amp the port outputs, so you'll be discharging, albiet very slowly.

Same thing I get with my iPad2. If I leave it connected and asleep to a USB port and I wake the thing up 15 or 20 minutes later the charge level will have gone up maybe 2 or 3%. If I leave it awake and connected then there is no noticable charging that occurs over the same period of time at idle. Never tried using it much while connected over USB to my computer.

Connected to a 1amp charger it'll deffinitely charge even when in use, but a lot slower than when alseep (and when connected to a 2.1amp charger, it'll charge really fast).
azazel1024 is offline   Reply With Quote