Thread: Seriousness When is HUMOR in "Bad" taste?
View Single Post
Old 04-22-2009, 02:11 PM   #31
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
How does that work? I know before I read it whether I'll like it or not??
That's a good question, too.

BACKGROUND:
What prompted this thread is some disgruntled "critics" who find my sense of humor (in some cases and on some subjects) to be offensive.

I started posting a series of IMAGINARY film and book titles and creating a brief synopsis for them. Before that, my perception of the CHAT area was that it was as barren as a new baby's butt. There was very little activity. Now some people are reading it because they like it, and some are reading it because they find it offensive.

I was called names or the naming was hinted at: I was a misogynist because I beat my mother (who was reincarnated as a carpet, for example. Ridiculous! Read it in the CHAT, as it's a lot funnier.) I was a torturer, because I put itty bitty kitty cats in small places and did away with them, with extreme prejudice.

I do indeed have a weird sense of humor, and THANK GOD for that, because some people have NO sense of humor, or else they want MY sense of humor to correspond to THEIR sense of humor.

NOW:
So now I post these IMAGINARY books and films that simply do not exist, but people really do have difficulty separating fact from fancy.

WARNING: Do not read the following sentence, as it may be offensive to some.

"Nub: The Magazine of Amputee Humor"

Seriously, to get to your question. On my CHAT contributions (with all sincerity in my words; I'm not trying to be "smart"), you might want to glance over until you see "Dr. Drib" and then avoid reading my contribution.

On threads, you will NEVER see me post an intentionally silly and/or stupid comment on MobileRead again; silly and stupid comments will only appear in the CHAT. All my future contributions (from about 3 weeks ago), are now ONLY serious.

Pursuing your honest question further, for other individuals whose comments or contributions you (or others) may find in "bad" taste, I don't have a ready answer for how you can be warned. But again, how can one know what you consider to be in "bad" taste?

I just don't have an answer.

Don