View Single Post
Old 01-19-2009, 11:53 PM   #1
roger64
Wizard
roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW3 (wifi)
maintenance and backup

I am a Linux Ubuntu PRS-505 user and I mostly use calibre for some months now.

I had once to do a soft reset and I lost some meta-tags, collections and bookmarks though I lost no book.

The result was two or three hours to put things back in order.
I thought a little about it.
First, I decided to stop my PRS-505 once a day (before I was always in stand-by mode).

Then, I wonder if there are some maintenance operations I could perform. I was thinking of some kind of fsck (this is Linux).

And I think I could use rsync once in a while to backup my books.

Has somebody some experience about maintenance and backup ot a PRS-505 content ?
roger64 is offline   Reply With Quote