View Single Post
Old 05-13-2011, 12:16 PM   #14
Jewitch
Bukh libhober
Jewitch brings flavor and color to the partyJewitch brings flavor and color to the partyJewitch brings flavor and color to the partyJewitch brings flavor and color to the partyJewitch brings flavor and color to the partyJewitch brings flavor and color to the partyJewitch brings flavor and color to the partyJewitch brings flavor and color to the partyJewitch brings flavor and color to the partyJewitch brings flavor and color to the partyJewitch brings flavor and color to the party

Device: Kobo Touch
The Kobo dropped to $99.99 at Christmas time, but at the same time Borders was selling the Aluratek for $10 less. When all three local Borders stores in this area closed, the price of Kobo dropped to $80, but only in those stores (it was still $100 on-line). I had considered the Aluratek, but the drop in price (combined with other features I'd been looking for) tipped the scales in favor of the Kobo.
I bought the Kobo insurance package when store closing prices dropped to 60% off. It came with a case, some screen cleaning wipes, & a couple of in-store coupons.
I didn't like the case; it seemed unnecessarily bulky, & only had a square of sticky paper to keep the Kobo in place. I bought a red "leather-like" case with 4 corner straps for $13 at Amazon. It doesn't take up nearly as much room in my already overcrowded purse as the "insurance" case, & it's bright color makes it easier to find when I've forgotten where I left it.

Last edited by Jewitch; 05-13-2011 at 12:22 PM.
Jewitch is offline   Reply With Quote