View Single Post
Old 03-19-2010, 05:29 AM   #1
AlexBell
Wizard
AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T3, Kobo Glo, Kindle Touch, iPad, Samsung SB 2 tablet
'This time we've gone too far'

Before I went to Gaza last year for the Gaza Freedom March I did some advance research, and have continued to look for books and articles since then. This book by Norman Finkelstein as a print book and in ebook formats became available yesterday from OR Books at http://orbooks.com, and I've been very impressed with what I've read so far. The subtitle is 'Truth and consequences of the Gaza Invasion'.

The print book is $20, and the ebook package is $10. It does not have DRM. The package is available for 24 hours after purchase, and is a zip file containing the book in ePub, mobi, pdf, and prc formats - that is in effect four versions of the book in one package. I've noticed some typos in the epilogue, but haven't seen any in the rest of the book.

The mobi version is formatted quite well in my Cybook, though lengthy quotations are indented about a fifth of the page width and with smaller font. The very many footnotes work, and one can get back to where one was after reading the footnote.

I've tried the epub version in my ECO reader, but unfortunately the footnotes don't work - though this may be a problem with the reader rather than the file since the footnotes do work in the desktop ADE reader.

Whatever personality faults Mr Finkelstein may or may not have I think that he is an excellent writer and and an accomplished researcher. The book is packed with quotations, citations, and references - many of them from the Israeli literature - and the conclusions he draws are logical and fair.

I very highly recommend this book.

Regards, Alex
AlexBell is offline   Reply With Quote