View Single Post
Old 02-14-2008, 04:37 PM   #29
lovebeta
Groupie
lovebeta has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.lovebeta has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.lovebeta has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.lovebeta has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.lovebeta has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Amazon Kindle 2, Amazon Kindle, Sony PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingston View Post
I just got off the phone with Kindle Customer Service about another subject and the rep told me this about the update:

There are new screensavers.

The browser has been updated to cut down on 'excessive lines'.

The 'default search' has changed (she was unable or unwilling to discuss what that meant).

And no, the update does not allow folder creation.
Doesn't seem to be very appealing to me. I guess the most important change is about the *default search*. From my own experience, the search daemon consumed a lot of power while in idle if you put in a lot of new material. Several times it rendered my kindle completely dead after a night or so. Otherwise I don't think it justified the money and effort Amazon pays to push it over the whispernet (I am guessing that Amazon has to pay Sprint for the data fee, no?)

To Nate: I am not sure if I understand your question but Amazon always had the conversion capability if you sent in a zipped file with many documents inside.
lovebeta is offline   Reply With Quote