View Single Post
Old 08-12-2010, 06:17 AM   #3
Ben Thornton
Guru
Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, iPad 2 (but not for e-books)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham View Post
I've bought more books that I didn't know existed from browsing online while buying an ebook than I ever did on impulse purchases in bookshops, over the same period. And I love bookshops.

Graham
I agree - I've found far more by browsing Amazon - especially "people who bought this also bought ..." and so forth, than I ever found by browsing in bookshops. For much of what I want, bookshops have very little stock, so browsing doesn't do much for me.

I my view, ebooks are likely to increase reading. They just threaten the people who currently make money out of pbooks.
Ben Thornton is offline   Reply With Quote