View Single Post
Old 05-14-2009, 05:38 PM   #6
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
I disagree. If you were making this format ebook then you would have understood my question just fine. And I don't understand what you mean by regular book versus DT specific. A DAISY ebook is just as much a regular ebook as any other format; it's the software that's different.

BTW, I appreciate the amount of work you put into the Wiki.
By DT specific I was making a distinction between DTbook and the TTS supplied with Adobe and Microsoft books. If you look at the format for DTBooks, you are correct in that it can be used as a regular book format to read, but it also includes specialized fields and information specifically for reading to the blind. For example they can get the page number in DTBook format. This might not seem like much but we take page numbers and progress bars for granted but for a blind person there is no such information available. It is interesting to see the kinds of things they include in the data format that is different than ePUB for example.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote