View Single Post
Old 03-14-2013, 10:59 AM   #37
Peakcrew
Avid reader of sci-fi
Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.

Device: Kobo Touch, Lenovo X61, Samsung Galaxy Note with Aldiko reader app
Kobo Touch after seven months

I finally have a few minutes to revisit old friends, such as this site! I haven't had much time to do anything more complicated with my KT but use it as a reader, what with house moving and job-changing (again!), but I thought it would be worthwhile just reviewing how the seven months of ownership have gone.

I'm currently running firmware 2.3.1, which is okay, but it has the old problem of displaying the wrong book-cover - not a huge problem, but it has chosen the most boring cover in my collection! Ah well - I only read one book at a time, so I know what it is!

Beyond that, it has been largely problem-free, with the exception of hanging once just when I was settling down to a comfortable read in the bath, requiring a reset and a download of my books again - that has been the extent of my interaction with Calibre, so I'm out of date with developments.

Battery life is good, especially since I have stopped annotating and just got on with reading! Three to four weeks is about the length of time it will go before shutting down and telling me to recharge - why isn't there an earlier warning than that!!

Overall, I'm delighted with it. I sometimes wish I had a Glo when my wife wants to sleep and I am still awake (if there are any clip-on lights that don't have a huge amount of spill I haven't found them yet), but in terms of reliability, it is great. My biggest argument is not with the KT itself, but with airlines that insist on it being turned off when there are still several minutes reading time left. No-one ever tells you to close a dead-tree, do they?
Peakcrew is offline   Reply With Quote