View Single Post
Old 01-08-2013, 01:50 PM   #233
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynx-lynx View Post
Sufue re the Dead Man series, I can only find them at Sony US, Soho Constable as the pub. And none of them are 'cheap'; and Sony doesn't seem to have many discount voucher schemes.

Do you know where else they may be?

The last edition my library got was Dead Man in Naples and there are 2 more since then.

---------------------
Edit: Beg pardon Dead Man in Malta is the only book I haven't read. I've read Dead Man in Barcelona and it precedes Naples anyway.
Apologies - I was on a plane all day yesterday....

I got my ebooks of this series from BN, mostly in the pre-agency days - some even so long ago that they were in .pdb format originally, which didn't last very long at BN. Because it was so expensive, I remember buying Malta very clearly, with my hand shaking as I hit the buy button. I had a gift card, so I rationalized the purchase , but Michael Pearce is one of probably only three or four authors I would have bought at that price, gift card or no.

I think your best bet, given geo restrictions, would be to wait for Sony to have one of their infrequent coupons, if your patience allows. Soho Constable is couponable here in the US, or at least was the last time I bought one of their books. Or, it shows up as $9.99 at Apple here in the US, don't know if you can use that. Otherwise, cross your fingers and hope your library gets it - can you suggest it to them?

P.S. Yes, also love Amelia Peabody, although I actually (slightly) prefer Peter's lesser known Vicky Bliss series for LOL.
sufue is offline   Reply With Quote