View Single Post
Old 08-06-2012, 09:19 PM   #69
Abradoks
Abradoks can read faster than his screen refreshesAbradoks can read faster than his screen refreshesAbradoks can read faster than his screen refreshesAbradoks can read faster than his screen refreshesAbradoks can read faster than his screen refreshesAbradoks can read faster than his screen refreshesAbradoks can read faster than his screen refreshesAbradoks can read faster than his screen refreshesAbradoks can read faster than his screen refreshesAbradoks can read faster than his screen refreshesAbradoks can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab View Post
(please don't get too disappointed though! )
Ah, that's not a problem at all. Probably I'll check the sources myself, but here is some more elaboration anyway. I don't mean to convince you to implement that stuff, just to make ideas for possible features clearer.

Quote:
No, because it wouldn't be possible to know which collection new books should go into.
The collection should be the one named after book's folder. I believe it's quite easy from code point.

Quote:
The current view is hierarchical. If you were thinking about something like a "tree mode", then no. A tree mode doesn't make sense at all with the current user interface. Think about it.
"/" displays everything on kindle, including music files. I was also meaning including folders into the list. I.e. I'm thinking about your Collections Manager as a tool for sync between directory structure and collections. So / should display something like documents/, music/, audible/. Inside of documents/: "root" collections, folders from /mnt/us/documents/ that differ from those root collections and files from documents/.
Current "/" is unusable without filters, if you have many files and nested collections.
And yes, tree view would be awful.

Quote:
No. It would ruin the "up/down" buttons understandability. Plus, there is no need for more buttons (but there would be the space for one, or even two, more)
You need that screenshot to understand them anyway. Also it will allow a little more space for list.

Quote:
No. But that's just because I'm lazy, because it would require two buttons instead of one (for upper/lower pane), and because the whole idea of the program isn't to move massive amounts of items around (and clicking 5 items instead of one is still acceptable).
Then how should you move those amounts around?
It only needs 1 button (for top pane). Toggle button is already single, right?

Quote:
No. No way. This is a collections manager, not a content manager.
But it would be so nice to have 2in1.

Quote:
I don't need posts like "Help! I accidentally clicked on the wrong button, now you help me to recover the book that I paid for" here.
Don't let dumb people limit usability.^^

Quote:
A tree structure makes no sense
Why? Isn't flat structure of native manager exactly what people were complaining about?
The simplest use case is to have your books organized somewhat like %topic%/%author%/book. Then you can hit "Create from directories" once and "Update from directories" any time you add new folder.

Quote:
Please don't get carried away. The thing you're requesting would touch many, many more aspects than just collections. You're requesting a new framework here.
Oh, new non-java framework would be sooo nice indeed.
But I was asking if you know any elegant way to implement all that stuff (like toggling inactive amazon features ).
Abradoks is offline   Reply With Quote