View Single Post
Old 09-16-2011, 07:42 PM   #52
stonetools
Wizard
stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipad, IPhone
Does good connections not being available create problems for streaming models? All together now: OF COOOOOOUURSE!

I responded to that already , but since three people missed it, let me repeat my response in bold letters:

For when you have to go on the road, download and buy or rent options will still be available.
Also , too, with the latest iteration of HTML, you can start reading online and continue reading offline if you so choose .

The point is the streaming model would not be the sole, perfect, and universal model-it's another option. I enjoy movies several different ways:

* I watch it in theaters
* I watch it on cable TV
* I watch them on rented DVDS
* I watch them downloaded or streamed on my iPad

None of these are perfect in all circumstances, and I could easily point to the disadvantages of one of these options. The point is that different options work best in different circumstances.

This is really about bringing the same options to book reading as already exist in movies. You'll have choices: you can try the streamed books option.
If you are away from the wi-fi and are riding the subway, pick a book that you have downloaded and bought/rented
If your Kindle runs out of juice, you'll have to pick up a DTB

Options are good.
stonetools is offline   Reply With Quote