View Single Post
Old 10-16-2012, 01:02 AM   #21594
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
That is a BRILLIANT solution!! The little chunks for aquariums would be perfect inside a large tea bag, metal tea strainer, or better yet, sew a little pocket out of some cloth, as the charcoal will keep working for a year or two. Paper teabags might not last as well. Just be sure to rinse off the charcoal 'dust' before you put it into the pot.

Time for one more mug of tea, then it's off to take some more photos of Cosmos fields. Very popular flower here in Japan, and there are huge fields of them in bloom all over!

Stitchawl
Yes, a simple cloth bag would be perfect. Though I don't think I'd count on it working for that long. I'd set 6 months or so as the upper limit if your water has very much in the way of off elements. (Chlorine, or worse, chloramine are both significant contaminants.)

Finished up my pot of Keemun Xian Zhen.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote