View Single Post
Old 07-11-2012, 01:01 PM   #6
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manichean View Post
Oh, there are non-x86 architectures available? I missed that, my bad.
Yes, there'll be two "flavours" of Windows 8 tablets. One with an Intel CPU, and the other with an ARM CPU. I imagine the ARM version will probably have better battery life, but the Intel version will be able to run existing Windows apps, and that could well be the key selling point. A practical alternative for people who want a tablet, but need Windows-only software.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote