View Single Post
Old 01-29-2011, 07:45 PM   #14
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by avantman42 View Post
I realise that you should generally leave Calibre's library directory alone, but having read this thread (specifically posts 9 & 10), I thought I should be OK. Now that I've realised I can import non-ebook files into Calibre, it's all good .
Quite right you are, thanks for pointing me to that. I wasn't 100% sure if the directory would be moved or recreated - as the answer is "moved" then my caution on that was unnecessary.

However as you have a workaround of adding as a zip then that is even better. The only reason I did not suggest that is Calibre uses a zip format for storing html files in. So provided you don't intend to have an html format of a book and an audiobook format then you should be ok. Also of course it also means you have to unzip your audio files each time to play them, where I thought you may have been wanting to keep the files unzipped to use Calibre to send them to a device or something.

However if that solution does what you need then it's all good
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote