View Single Post
Old 01-02-2011, 09:01 AM   #14
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by unboggling View Post
Yeah, the last/first name issue is on hold for me too for now. I'm too new at this to make a decision yet.
The longer you wait, the more work you must redo...
Quote:
author sort tweak? I went back to v*35 yesterday, which I (newbie) thought doesn't support tweaks? I'll wait a week or so before I mess with tweaks.
There have been tweaks in Calibre for almost a year now. What changes is the number of them. You see/edit tweaks using preferences -> tweaks. The top pane shows all the tweaks available for that release. The bottom pane shows tweaks you have set. You typically copy a value from the top to the bottom, then change it to be what you want.

The author sort tweak that dwanthny mentioned is:
---
Code:
# Set which author field to display in the tags pane (the list of authors,
# series, publishers etc on the left hand side). The choices are author and
# author_sort. This tweak affects only what is displayed under the authors
# category in the tags pane and content server. Please note that if you set this
# to author_sort, it is very possible to see duplicate names in the list because
# although it is guaranteed that author names are unique, there is no such
# guarantee for author_sort values. Showing duplicates won't break anything, but
# it could lead to some confusion. When using 'author_sort', the tooltip will
# show the author's name.
# Examples:
#   categories_use_field_for_author_name = 'author'
#   categories_use_field_for_author_name = 'author_sort'
categories_use_field_for_author_name = 'author'
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote