View Single Post
Old 12-08-2010, 10:21 PM   #3
kcmay
Addict
kcmay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcmay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcmay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcmay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcmay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcmay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcmay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcmay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcmay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcmay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcmay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2
Many indies start at $2.99. It generally takes a few months for sales to get going on one's first book. If, after a few months, sales aren't as expected, some authors play with their price. Sometimes increasing it to $4.99 or so improves sales, and sometimes lowering it to $1.99 or $.99 improves sales. Every book has an ideal price point -- we don't know going in what that point is -- and it might change over time!

A $.99 book only yields about $.35 per sale to the author. When the book becomes profitable depends a lot on what the author does to produce and market it. A book with a cover I design myself becomes profitable much more quickly than one I spend $300 to produce.
kcmay is offline   Reply With Quote