View Single Post
Old 04-16-2010, 10:32 AM   #13
dmaul1114
Wizard
dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
But one of the new problems is now the availability is not what it should be.
Hasn't affected me yet personally, so I can speak to that. I only read 1-2 books a month (and some are public domain) and read pretty mainstream books and a lot of older stuff, so it just doesn't have much impact on me.

My take on is that it will eventually play out that the e-book is launched at a higher price when the hardcover is the only version out (not the hardcover cover price, but maybe $15 or so varying by book), then will drop to at or below the paperback price when that version is released.

I have no problem with that scheme if that is indeed what comes to play. I waited for cheaper paperback versions all my life, I can wait for the e-book to drop in price on the same schedule. Again, assuming that's how things play out.
dmaul1114 is offline   Reply With Quote